Sunday 14 March 2010

The Plot

I had been humming and ahhing about getting an allotment for many years, over at least 11 years, before we moved to our current flat. But the idea of the 2 years waiting list was putting me off. Finally 3 and a half years ago, I took the plunge and made an application to the Fulham Palace Meadows Allotment Association. 2 years passed, then 2 1/2 and I heard that the waiting list had had to be closed as it had reached over 5 years. Then, last Sunday afternoon, the phone rang: "Are you still interested in an allotment?" "Oh yes! I'd almost given up hope...".
So, yesterday morning, I went to the allotments to be shown my plot, pay my rent, and get the key. I also got potato seeds as I was told these were going fast and it is one of the first crops I intend to do.
This morning, I went back there with A, to show him the plot, take a few photos, and take stock of what there is and what there is to do.

So there you have it, I present you Plot 195B:

plot

No comments:

Post a Comment